Saturday, October 3, 2009

Message 3 from Jamie Robinson

FINALLY I got an update from Jamie!  It's been such a long time since I heard from her.

Hey! Quite a bit has happened since we last spoke. Yes, there was a lot of food and bottled water in the store. It was mostly junk food, but there were a few groceries like canned and frozen stuff, and sausage and cheese.

So last week in the evening, me and Bill were surfing the internet for information when we heard a large banging noise coming from the front of the store. We ran to see what it was, and a boy about my age was leaning against the door with his bloody face and pounding his fists on the glass. The boy’s eyes were all red and his lips were all cracked and gross. I panicked and even though Bill tried to stop me, I was so scared I ran out the back door and all the way home without stopping! I never saw anyone else on the way, thank goodness. I only live about five blocks from here, so it never took me long. I don’t know why I didn’t just run home in the first place. The army trucks hadn’t been around for a couple of days anyways.

 It’s so good to be home!!! I’ve been keeping in contact with Bill, and he said the boy eventually went away when he shut the lights off and kept quiet for a while.

 I noticed that on your blog you really DO think that it’s zombies out there!!! I think you said it wasn’t just so I wouldn’t get too scared. Is that why?

Jamie R.

I answered:

What a relief you are safe at home! I bet your parents have been worried sick about you. I’m also glad Bill is okay. I wonder where the boy ended up going. You’re very lucky he didn’t follow you home.

 Things are pretty much the same here. The hospital’s full and I’m still stocking up on supplies a bit at a time. My husband still thinks this is the flu and only the flu.

 You be careful, Jamie. And yes, I didn’t want you to be scared. That’s why I lied, and I’m sorry.

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment