Monday, October 12, 2009

MIA

Things are not good here. Joel (who was still fevered and having troubles with his leg) decided to go for a walk after we had our dinner last night. I begged him to stay home where he could rest and stay warm, but he just wouldn’t listen. It’s been cold at night and we have a bit of snow now, so being out there is one of the worst things he could do! He seemed anxious and confused when he was going out the door so I grabbed his hand and tried to hold him back, but he yanked away so hard that I lost my balance and fell onto the floor. When I got over my shock and hurt (and anger) I got back up and went to the door, but he was already gone.

That was at 7:30 last night. He hasn’t been home since. I don’t think I can report him missing until he’s been gone for a full 48 hours, so last night and this morning I drove around town looking for him. I would’ve tried following his footprints in the snow, but there are lots of people that walk and jog in our town, so it would be impossible to find his prints among the others.

I phoned his mother this morning to tell her, and she didn’t have a clue where he’d go either. I don’t know if he’s just still mad at me for making him go to the doctor of if the fever is making him act irrational. I’m too embarrassed to call any of his friends to see if he’s there. Maybe I’ll call around if he’s still gone by tonight, but for now I don’t need the whole town thinking that we had a fight and he ran out on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment