Saturday, October 10, 2009

Back Home

I’m back in Bromley--finally! Joel guilted (forced) me into going to visit Stan and Rita on Monday. Since it’s his right leg that is hurt, he argued that I had to drive him down there. Surprisingly, his father was completely over whatever he’d been sick with, and his mother only had the sniffles. I still kept an eye on the in-laws for symptoms. I asked them in detail how they were feeling, and it seems they’re good. I was actually surprised at how quiet Regina is right now. I think the fear of getting the infection is finally sinking into people and they’re being smart and staying home, out of the public.

Joel, however, was getting carried away with staying out of public places. He still refused to go to the hospital and get his leg checked, even though his leg has repulsive, smelly green pus coming out of it. I even worried about blood poisoning with the leg being so hot to the touch and him having a fever. Either way, it looked horrible, so I stopped at the hospital on the way home last night. He was so angry that I forced him to go, but the doctor reprimanded him for leaving it for so long (10 days from when he was bitten until he went to the hospital). He got put on strong antibiotics and has to go back for a recheck on Tuesday.

Now Joel’s moping on the couch and grumbling. He said, “hopefully being at the hospital didn’t make us come in contact with that damn flu”. I couldn’t believe he had the gall to say that after dragging me down to Stan and Rita’s.

Nothing we’ve tried will bring Mr. Hypocrite’s fever down, so hopefully the medicine will kick in fast. Monday is Thanksgiving, so I picked up a small turkey and some instant stuffing, along with some canned peas and beans. I hope that his appetite will be okay so that we can have a nice meal together. He’s been so cranky this last week. We had an early turkey meal with his parents on Thursday and he barely ate anything. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that he gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment