Friday, October 30, 2009

Breaking News

It finally happened.  The local news made an announcement last night that as important as it is to get your H1N1 shot next month, staying home and safe from "the reanimated" was even more important (how vague is that?).  They said that becoming "reanimated" is not a normal side effect of the flu, and may not even be related to it at all.  People are to call the police immediately if they see one of "them" wandering or menacing. 

I haven't seen too many of the undead around town yet.  They're not very fast, so I'm not too worried.  I wouldn't want to be caught in a mob of them, though. 

Joel stopped eating yesterday.  I dropped a chicken down the hole and he didn't even look at it.  He just kept staring up at me with those unblinking blood-filled eyes.  He used to have such friendly blue eyes.  Now they send chills into my soul.  And his breathing sounds horrible, wheezy, like he has fluid in his lungs.  I have to cover the hole with plastic now, because the smell is horrible in the living room. 

I haven't been out much this week, so I think I'll go down to the Tim Horton's and catch up with Grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment