Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Stupid Me

As I was trying to be calm and reasonable for Jamie Robinson--lying and saying that I didn’t think it was zombies--I had forgotten that she was also reading my blog, not just e-mailing me. I was so relieved to finally hear from her this morning. She finally e-mailed to tell us how she’s doing. She wasn’t mad that I lied, just a bit confused. I will post her e-mail later.

Things are getting a little hairy in Bromley. The hospital, which only has thirty beds, is still completely full and they recommend you stay away unless you have an emergency. Grocery stores, hardware stores and gas stations are almost the only stores open. There are some stubborn store owners that did not listen to the Provincial Health warnings and are still open. The little flower shop on the corner of Main Street is still open (I guess they figure with so many people sick, they’ll do good business with “get well” arrangements). Most of the little confectionaries in Bromley are open too, as well as a few other stores. The small mall on the edge of town is closed.

Something worrying me is that when Joel was out for his walk last night, on his way past the Martin residence, their small poodle-like dog ran up and bit him on the calf. He didn’t see the dog until it was latched on, and he had to actually punch the dog to get it to let go.

It’s very red and painful today, but he doesn’t want to go to the hospital where that damn infection is. We’ll just keep an eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment