Thursday, September 17, 2009

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, Post 2

I should tell you more about my community, the Town of Bromley. I mentioned yesterday that I’ve been unemployed for about a week. This was due to the Matton Health Region declaring that this outbreak of “illness” (which they’re suspecting is somehow caused by a mutated H1N1 flu virus) is serious enough for schools and most local businesses to close temporarily. Grocery stores and gas stations are still open, but everyone is wearing face masks. It’s SARS all over again.

I hope this isn’t airborne. I’ve seen pictures of victims of brutal attacks, and they had bites, then a couple of days later they became infected. Hopefully the virus can only be spread through contact—blood, saliva. This has been going on for weeks in other towns and cities, but we finally had enough cases in Bromley that they now want people to stay locked up safe at home (unless there’s an emergency or you absolutely need supplies, then you may venture out).

Keep safe out there, fellow survivors. There are a lot of us, especially in smaller communities. Don't give up hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment