Monday, September 28, 2009

In-Laws

Joel's parents live in Regina, which is about three hours southwest of where we live.  His mother, Rita, called last night to say that his father, Stan, has been under the weather for a couple of days.  He's had a fever, a headache, a sore throat and he's exhausted.  Stan never went to the doctor yet because Sask Health advises everyone with flus and bad colds to stay home and rest, drink plenty of fluids, etc.  If you're having breathing problems or serious symptoms, then you can of course go to the hospital. 

This news does not sit well with me.  I'm glad they live far away and we won't be around them.  That sounds so selfish, but as much as I love my father-in-law, I'm terrified of what this could be.  I'll let you all know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment