Friday, September 18, 2009

911 E-Mail

I just received this sad little e-mail from a girl who’s somehow found this blog and is in a bad situation:

My name is Jamie Robinson and I am 14. I live in Bimble Creek, California. I am hiding in a convenience store with the owner, who probably saved my life today. I went to the store to rent a movie for my girl’s night in that I was going to have with a couple of friends of mine, and the store owner (his name is Bill) locked the door and shut the lights off right when I walked in! I was so scared! He told me to stay quiet, and pointed out the gang of people that were all standing around a car parked in the middle of the street, about ½ a block away. They were banging all over the car and the people inside the car were screaming. The people attacking the car all looked banged up, like they’d been in an accident or something. They had bloody clothes and one had no shirt on and he had a huge bloody wound on his back. Yuck! Bill shoved the store shelves up against the windows and we stayed back, quietly waiting for the people to leave. And I can’t get a hold of my parents! They went out for dinner and a movie tonight, and they’re not answering their cell phones! I’m so scared, and I’ve been here for over four hours! What should I do?

Jamie Robinson
P.S. Please write back!


I answered with:

Hello, Jamie. Good to hear you’re safe for now. Did the people finally wander off and leave the other people in the car alone? You should not leave the convenience store until you have either talked to your parents or are 100% positive that the street is safe. I don’t mean to alarm you, but there have been a lot of crazy people around these last few weeks. Please let me know how you make out!

Katherine Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment