Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Paranoia

I'm having mixed feelings today. Joel always does that to me. I get my mind set on believing or having an opinion about something, and once he and I discuss it, I change my mind or second-guess myself. I was very set in thinking that Paul Mennings was a walking corpse, then Joel reasoned with me that just because I saw Paul with the red eyes, etc., that it didn't mean he was undead. Joel thinks that it's just symptoms of the virus. He's seen guys at the mine with eye injuries and eye infections, and sometimes the blood vessels/capillaries in the white of the eye do that.

According to my next-door neighbour, Grace, who works at the Tim Horton's, gossip is that the hospital is right full of patients with "flu-like" symptoms but it seems different than H1N1.  The symptoms aren't severe only in the very young and very old.  Anyone who's in there with it is very, very sick.  Grace would've told me more, but she was just on her way to work this morning (I was outside trying to clean up the mess in the flower bed) and didn't have time.  I'll try to catch her when she gets home and get her over for coffee.

So Joel's conclusion is that Paul Mennings contracted the virus at the nursing home then somehow escaped, delirious with fever and wandering the block, looking for his house. Now I don't know what to think. According to the September 17th comment from Edward Kingston (a.k.a. Jman H?), Toronto is loaded with the infected. Edward, please explain further what's happening there! I'm positive the news isn't giving us the whole picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment